Meet the Cast - Lying with Badgers - Dana Pacheco


Your Name: Dana Pacheco 

Character in the show: Tara Torres 

How is this character like you? Different? 
Tara and I are very similar. We're both actors, who love tequila. Jkjk. Tara is “a helper”. She’s always trying to insert herself in other peoples business, because she is an empath, even sometimes to a fault. 

Your first acting gig was: 
When I first moved to LA, I booked a Samsung commercial where I played a cavewoman. I love special effects makeup and being able to physically morph into a role, while working with talented artists.  

Favorite Theatre experience as an audience member: 
The Newsies at the Pantages. I sang every song and couldn't keep still in my chair! My siblings and I LOVE the film. Growing up we'd sing and dance in the living room to the VHS tape we recorded when it was on TV. 

When you have a five-minute break during rehearsal, what do you spend that time doing? 
I like to get to know my cast-mates, on a personal level. But if I'm not in a chatty mood, I like to look at photos of the people I love or vacations we've taken together. Right now I’m obsessed with my new nephew, so I watch a lot a video of him. Just a quick trip down memory lane, to keep my soul fed. 

What do you do when you’re not doing theatre? 
Professionally, I'm a voice and on camera actor, but I also produce and write, and work with kids. Personally, I love going to concerts, playing and watching sports, hiking, and singing punk rock songs at karaoke. 

If you had a magic wand, what show would you do next? 
I'd LOVE to have a reunion show with my sketch comedy group, Awkward Kids. We've produced and performed some epic shows, and I miss it. 

Where can we find you on IG: @danapacheco