Claude Jackson Jr. - Playwright

 CLAUDE JACKSON JR.

What is your heritage (whatever that means to you)?

Pima Indian (O’Otham), Hopi and Mexican. That firmly describes my Arizona background.

Where will you be watching the play from?

I’ll be watching it from home. Sort of weird considering I’ve been to every Short Play festival at the Autry when I was competing.

Is this your first time at Native Voices?

This will be my 6th time.

What compels you to write?

It’s fun. Everyone is a storyteller. My specialty happens to be the written word.

Do your characters have lives outside of the slice you are showing here?

Yes, I tried to show that they have lives outside of the slice I presented here. From that, I welcome the audience to fill in the blanks as they see it..

How does listening to a stage reading of your play help?

It’s helpful and entertaining. Helpful because you get an idea what these professional actors and directors interpret my words. Sometimes they see exactly what I saw in the work. Other times, they surprise me with their interpretation. Plus, I just enjoy watching a theater group applying their craft. That’s the entertainment value I so enjoy.

Where can people find you on Social Media?

Facebook, Instagram,Twitter and Tik Tok (but I’m 48 years old. I probably will never post a video on Tik Tok). You can find me as “Claude Jackson” or “claudeberg.”